Hey.
Today was my day off, but not really. Woke up without my alarm at 10am. Left my house at 1045 to be at work for 11. Got there right at 11, which wasn't too good.
Worked and got off at 7:30. Home now, and need to do some homework but will go to sleep instead. Am really exhausted after yesterday. After the 1000m I went home and took a 1 hour and 30minute nap and then went to coffee with a friend. The one hour coffee date turned into a 5.5 hour one and I was home by 11ish. Went to bed at 1.30am, because I had SO much on my mind and it kind of sucks when I have to focus on school and skating too. Them extra issues are not even important but are at the same time :(
So the 1000m yesterday...I promised I'd talk about it. Well after the 500m, Alessia, Jodi, Gina and I went to get lunch at Market mall and I finished eating one hour before my race...so I though it was going to be ok! But I ate SOO much that it's not even funny anymore haha.
SO I show up at the oval and am feeling heavy..stomach not feeling great. Ok I'm going to skip to the start line. I could feel my stomach wanting to explode out of my tight suit. Like, it's already tight enough and now it was suffocating..
I get to the start line, I get in ready position and I then realise I am NOT focused. I false start because I'm worried and just needed to do it.
Get back down in start posish and the gun goes off. First 3 steps- my upperbody is not in sync with my legs. I realize it and I tell my self what the hell! Then I enter the corner, and am on the outside lane, have no speed yet and get pretty mad because my blade slipped. Tried to power through the corner, had both arms going on the straight away.. 20.04 start. SLOW! Cathrine had a 20.01. Cross onver into the inside lane after the 2nd corner, and feel my legs already cramping up. One lap passes and I am on the inside..look at the clock as I pass it..31.44 lap time. I know I'm screwed then. I look at Abby who was coaching because Crispo wasn;t there. She doesn't even say anything. I want to stand up and just leave it. No power in my legs. Lactic took over. Couldn't even get around the last corner. Got around it and finished with a 1.25.
Weak.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment