Sunday, September 20, 2009

Racing has beguneth

Hey

Had my first race of the season this morning.
Did a 500m and a 1000m.

In the 500m I skated really well, coming quite close to last season's personal best time of 41.37. I had an 11.30 second start and a final time of 41.45

I get to the start line, and I set my feet in the start position. The starter said ready, and both Elyce and I went into our ready position. I was focused...then I false started. I felt the need to move because I wanted to get some tension out.

Then as I turn around and return to the start, I tell myself focus, stay strong, low and focus Alex focus!

"ready" boom. Gun goes off, I feel my body stand up higher than it usually does on a start- because I'm nervous. I feel so strong though. I just push through and then slowly start to glide and push after 30m. I come across the 100m line and sneak a look at the time board. I'm on the outside lane and see the 11.30. I know it's mine because I'm ahead of Elyce. I'm happy and start swining my inside arm to o faster. Extra cross over coming out of the corner and then my arms start pumping hard, and all I am thinking about is LOW LOW LOW AND STRONG. I don't remmeber entering the corner wide, but i remember leaning in and starting to see the finish line.
I feel my legs cramping a bit, and realize I have to push through hard for anohter 70meters. As much as my feet wouldn't move, I had to!

So I skated strong all the way to the finish, which I never did. I alway gave up just before...weird. Looked up at the time and there I was 41.45. Threw the right arm up and you would have heard a yes come out silently if you were within a 10m radius. ;)


The 1000, I'll talk about later ;)
That's a WHOLE diff story.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment