Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Think about it.

Hey!

Today was rather interesting. And good! I got my address for where I'll be staying while I'm in Vancouver for the 2010's. This morning's training was really good. Partly because I was so focused during the warm-up but still made it fun. You don't want to be too serious during practice, but you still want to have that tunnel vision. Once you get to a higher level like Nesbitt or Wotherspoon, you'll see the difference to the approach they take in warm-up, as to our approach.

It's like painting. Everyone has a different style in painting one thing. Or like looking at one object from a different perspective. Or adding extra detail to that painting. Being a perfectionist has it's advantages but also has it's disadvantages. I find myself focusing on one thing for weeks at a time and if it doesn't work in a race, when I think I am prepared for it, I get quite frustrated but then I have to look at the different things I do right, instead of focus on the negative.

When I do race, it's quite interesting because my sport psychologist got me to look at things in a very different way..

I'll finish racing and if I had a bad race, well first off, I NEVER look at what I did wrong.
Here's how I approach it:

What did I do right.

What can I improve.

Lets go to work. What's next.


Another thing I have been working on, not only inside the oval, but during everyday life/every where I go, is to pretend I have already been at the Olympics and that it's just my second time around. To not be starstruck when I see the national team, but instead be a part of the team. Hence the name of my blog- I've been here before. It's just my second time 'round.


Walk it

Talk it

Think it

Act it



So I'll leave you with one more thought and then I have to get on with my homework, or there will be consequences at school. (kidding)



What you think might be your worst race, will actually be the best opportunity to bring the best you've EVER given.



-Alex Ianculescu-



No comments:

Post a Comment